How Do I Know if my SCT Tuner/Device is VIN Locked or Not?
Check on your Device:
- Connect the device to your vehicle or your Windows PC to power on the device.
- Navigate the menu to find and select Device Info.
- Scroll down until you find/See the Device Married and/or Paired Status.
- BDX and GTX Devices will show "Paired" if they are VIN locked to a vehicle
- All other devices will show "Married" if they are VIN locked to a vehicle
Check at your Windows PC:
- Connect the device to your Windows PC where you have the Device Updater software installed. (To download this software Click Here)
- At the PC, you will open the Device Updater software then select the Display Device Settings and Serial Number.
- Look to the upright corner and if the box next to the word "Married" is checked, then the device is married to a vehicle. If the box is unchecked, then the device isn't married and is considered to be unmarried in this case.