An unlock should only be purchased when your device is either married/installed on a vehicle and you are no longer able to return that vehicle back to stock, or if your device is out of the three-vehicle unlocks. Remotely unlocking your device does not add any additional features to your BDX.
- Click Here to purchase the unlock.
- Enter your devices serial number into the serial number field and click "Look Up Device."
- Click "Continue" on the Device Found page.
- Enter your payment information select "Complete Purchase."
You will receive an email with the confirmation number. At this point, you are ready to unlock your device.
Note: This transaction is non-refundable.
To send the unlock to your device follow the steps below.
- Power up your BDX. Please note that this will need to be done in the vehicle within the range of your wifi.
- Scroll down to "Device Settings" and press the center button to enter the menu.
- Select "Check For Updates" *If your device is not connected to wifi, you will be prompted to connect.
- Press confirm on the vehicle confirmation screen and then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once the update has finished, your device is unlocked and ready to be used in the vehicle again.
- NOTE: The unlock can only be done via wifi update. You may not use the Device Updater to unlock the device.
*This service is not available in the state of California.*