This code is limited to 2011 and newer year models of Dodge, Jeep, and Chrysler vehicles. It is a normal code to see during the install process. Code 262 means the device has successfully read the vehicle's stock information and is ready to download the stock file from the Bully Dog server. To resolve code 262 and proceed with installing the tune follow the instructions below.
1. Disconnect the GT from the vehicle.
2. Plug the GT into a computer with Windows OS and open the Bully Dog Light Duty Update Agent.
3. The Update Agent will automatically read the information from the SD card and give a the option to "Download Stock Files."
4. Press the "Start" option and wait for the progress bar to show it has finished.
5. Once the download has been completed at the computer, return to the vehicle and plug the GT back into the OBD2 port.
6. Select "Install Download" from the main menu and follow the on-screen prompts.
At this point, the GT will install onto the vehicle without receiving code 262.