This indicates that the stock file has been corrupted in the device, this usually occurs after updating while married. This can also occur if the device was tuned and then demo mode was turned on.
- Check if the device is in demo mode: Go to (Device Settings) from the main menu. Scroll to the bottom and you will see demo mode, make sure it says disabled, or off.
- If Demo mode is off and you are still receiving this error, we will need to troubleshoot the issue live.
- Corvette ONLY (turn the key to the on position before hooking up the device and ignore all key prompts through the tuning process)
The fastest way to get this issue fixed if the above doesn't work is to follow the instructions below to email us the needed info.
- First, take your device to your PC and plug in using the USB cable.
- Open the “Device Updater” program on your computer.
- Select “Display Device Setting and Serial Number” From the advanced Operations menu, then select “copy to clipboard”. It will pull up your clipboard with something that looks similar to the picture below:
- Paste that information into the body of the email by either right-clicking and selecting "Paste", or Ctrl+V.
- Below that information put your vehicle's VIN number. (a picture of the sticker on the driver's door works best)
- Now go back to the Device Updater program and under the advanced operations menu select "Get Stock File from Device"
- Click on the "Browse" button in the upper center of the window, Now select the location you want to save this file. Recommend placing it on your desktop, or in a new folder.
- The file will be your device's serial number.bef. Attach that file to the email. In the example below it is labeled "BD071519B4DC4_20220331103300_Saved_NEW.bef".
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Code 110D5" in the subject line, so we can check the files.
You will be notified by email once we have determined what the next step should be.