There are a few things that can cause this error.
- Make sure the device has been updated using the Device Updater. Click HERE for instructions on how to update.
- Make sure that the device can read Vehicle info. This can be found on the main menu of our devices. Click HERE for info on how to do that.
- Once on the Vehicle info screen check the Battery voltage reading. It will be labeled Vbatt. Vbatt needs to be above 11.7volts with the key off.
- Check the Vbatt with the key in the on position (without starting the engine).
- If the voltage difference is more than 0.5volts, or the initial reading is 11.7 or lower The vehicle battery needs to be charged before tuning.
- If you have any aftermarket electronic devices installed in the vehicle it may be necessary to disconnect or remove fuses to them.
If everything above checks out, and is on a supported vehicle, loading a "Stock" custom tune to the vehicle can correct this issue. A stock custom tune is just your vehicle's stock tune made into a custom tune with no changes. Once that is complete you will be able to tune as normal without this error.
To get a Stock Custom tune without having to call in, wait on hold, etc. email the information below to email@example.com. Put "Stock Custom" in the subject line.
Click here for the steps to get the required Vehicle Information.
- Plug your device into the OBDII port on your vehicle.
- Select "Vehicle Info" from the main menu.
3. Select "Continue".
4. After selecting continue it will show you the VIN number the device read, along with the strategy and part numbers associated with that vehicle. Delete
Click here for the steps to get the .BEF file needed
How to get a .bef file
- Plug the device into the computer and open up the Device Updater.
- On the device updater, select the bottom option “Get Stock File from Device”.
3. On the Device Updater, you will then select “browse” and select where you want to save the file. You can either save it directly to the desktop, or to a new folder.
4. After the file is saved, you will find it in the location you selected. The file will be saved as your serial number.bef. For example XXXXXXXXXXXXX.befDelete
Click here for steps to load a Stock Custom tune to your device
How to load a stock custom tune file
To load a Stock Custom Tune to your device:
- Open up the device updater, and select “load custom tune file”.
2. On the next page select “browse” to locate the custom tune, then select the custom tune that you have been emailed. Go to wherever you saved it from the email whether on your desktop or a folder on your PC.
3. On the device updater you will need to highlight the stock custom tune on the left side under available tunes, then select “>>" to Add to Device.
4. Once the custom tune shows up under “on device” on the right, select “Program” below.
5. It can take a few minutes to load the custom tune to the device, you will see a progress bar at the bottom of the device updater, and you will see a message saying “Custom Tune Programming Complete”.
6. At this point, the Stock Custom tune is loaded to the device. You are now ready to go to the vehicle, select “Program Vehicle” from the main menu. Follow the prompts on the screen and select “custom tunes” from there you will be able to select the “stock” custom tune to install.
7. After you have installed the stock custom to your vehicle, you should be able to go back into "Program Vehicle" and tune as normal.
Note: Emails received outside our normal business hours will be replied to on the next business day.