A generic error that means it couldn't communicate with the vehicle when going to Read DTCs.
- Make sure Key is in the "Run" position, and not "ACCY"
- Make sure you don't have a damaged OBD2/HDMI cable. Check the HDMI pins on the device and cable for damage.
- Make sure it can read vehicle info.
- Make sure the device is not in demo mode: From the main menu go to (Device Settings). Scroll to the bottom and you will see demo mode, make sure it says disabled, or off.
- Make sure your battery is fully charged. You can read this voltage in the “Device Info” screen, under “vbatt”. The voltage needs to be above 11.7
- Test the device at another vehicle and see if it can read DTCs or Vehicle Info. This will help you determine whether it's an issue with the device or that particular vehicle.